Magellan Roadmate Update
Magellan offers the leading portable GPS devices that are designed with advanced technology and a user-friendly interface. To improve the working of the device and to enhance the customer’s experience, Magellan comes up with various maps and system updates every now and then. Installing the Magellan Roadmate update is an easy task. You can update your device by following the process given below.
- Initiate the Magellan Roadmate Update process by connecting the GPS device with the charger for uninterrupted power supply throughout the process.
- Further, you have to visit the official website of Magellan and download the Content Manager application. Once the download gets completed, you can install the application by following the on-screen instructions.
- The next step is to connect your Magellan GPS device to the computer system, via USB cable. In order to establish the connection, take the cable and attach its one end to the system and another end to the GPS device.
- After that, your device will turn on automatically. However, if it does not, then you have to press the power button to turn it on manually.
- Now, access the Content Manager application on your system by clicking its icon from the desktop or the system tray.
- In the next window, you will be asked to sign in to your Magellan Account. For this, you have to use the login credentials that are linked with Magellan. However, new users have to tap the Create Account option and provide the details that are needed for your account.
- Thereafter, tap the “Check for Updates” tab to move further with the Magellan Roadmate Update process.
- This will start searching for the available updates on your device. Once the search gets completed, you will get a dialog box showing you all the updates. You will get both the software and maps update. Updates can be both free and paid.
- Free Update
If you want to install the free updates on your Roadmate device, then, you have to
- Click the “Update” option and it will start downloading and installing the Magellan Roadmate update on your GPS device.
- You have to wait until the update gets successfully installed on your device.
- Paid Update
In case you want to install the paid Magellan GPS update, then
- Press the “Update” tab.
- By doing so, you will be redirected to the Magellan purchasing webpage.
- In the next window, you have to choose your “Product Family” i.e. Roadmate.
- After making the desired selection, you have to select the Product model.
- Then, hit the “Submit” tab. This will show you the list of updates available for your device.
- The next step is to sign in to your Magellan account. For this, use the registered email address and password.
- Afterwards, you have to select the update that you want to purchase and install on your system. For this, press the “Add to Cart” option.
- Now, select the preferred payment method and then enter all the details that are needed for the completion of the payment process.
- Once the purchase gets completed, you have to move to the system tray and right-click the Magellan application icon.
- This will open a list of options. From the list, you have to select the “Sync Purchase Features/ Content” option.
- Now, the Magellan Roadmate update will start installing on your GPS device. This might take a few minutes to get complete, hence, wait patiently.
- After the successful completion of the update process, Magellan will ask you to disconnect your GPS device from the system by removing the USB cable.
- By doing so, the Magellan GPS device will restart on its own. This will successfully complete the Magellan Roadmate update procedure.